Anti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11, PCK-26, CY-90, KS-1A3, M20, and A53-B/A2] (ab11213)
- Product nameAnti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11, PCK-26, CY-90, KS-1A3, M20, and A53-B/A2]See all pan Cytokeratin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [C-11, PCK-26, CY-90, KS-1A3, M20, and A53-B/A2] to pan Cytokeratin
- Specificityab11213 recognizes human cytokeratins 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 18, and 19 in immunoblotting. It is a broad spectrum reagent which reacts specifically with a wide variety of normal, reactive and neoplastic epithelial tissues. The antibody mixture reacts with simple, cornifying and non-cornifying squamous epithelia and pseudo-stratified epithelia. It does not react with non-epithelial normal human tissues.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityThe Anti-Pan Cytokeratin (mixture) exhibits a wide interspecies reactivity down to Xenopus laevis.
Prepared from a mixture of human cytokeratins.
- General notesMonoclonal Anti-Pan Cytokeratin (mouse IgG1 and IgG2a isotypes) is a mixture of monoclonal antibodies from the following clones: C-11, PCK-26, CY-90, KS-1A3, M20, and A53-B/A2.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole Serum, 7% Horse serum, 10ug/ml Phenol red
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberC-11, PCK-26, CY-90, KS-1A3, M20, and A53-B/A2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11213 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceCytokeratins, a group comprising at least 29 different proteins, are characteristic of epithelial and trichocytic cells. Cytokeratins 1, 4, 5, 6, and 8 are members of the type II neutral to basic subfamily. Monoclonal anti cytokeratins are specific markers of epithelial cell differentiation and have been widely used as tools in tumor identification and classification. Monoclonal Anti Pan Cytokeratin (mixture) is a broadly reactive reagent, which recognizes epitopes present in most human epithelial tissues. It facilitates typing of normal, metaplastic and neoplastic cells. Synergy between the various components results in staining amplification. This enables identification of cells, which would otherwise be stained only marginally. The mixture may aid in the discrimination of carcinomas and nonepithelial tumors such as sarcomas, lymphomas and neural tumors. It is also useful in detecting micrometastases in lymph nodes, bone marrow and other tissues and for determining the origin of poorly differentiated tumors. There are two types of cytokeratins the acidic type I cytokeratins and the basic or neutral type II cytokeratins. Cytokeratins are usually found in pairs comprising a type I cytokeratin and a type II cytokeratin. Usually the type II cytokeratins are 8kD larger than their type I counterparts.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
References for Anti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11, PCK-26, CY-90, KS-1A3, M20, and A53-B/A2] (ab11213)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yoshida T et al. Expression patterns of epiplakin1 in pancreas, pancreatic cancer and regenerating pancreas. Genes Cells 13:667-78 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18498355) »