Anti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11] - BSA and Azide free (ab80825)
- Product nameAnti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11] - BSA and Azide freeSee all pan Cytokeratin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [C-11] to pan Cytokeratin - BSA and Azide free
- SpecificityBinds keratins 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13 and 18.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis
Keratin-enriched preparation from cultured Human A431 cells
- Positive control
- Skin. Colon carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberC-11
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80825 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21285513|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- RelevanceCytokeratins, a group comprising at least 29 different proteins, are characteristic of epithelial and trichocytic cells. Cytokeratins 1, 4, 5, 6, and 8 are members of the type II neutral to basic subfamily. Monoclonal anti cytokeratins are specific markers of epithelial cell differentiation and have been widely used as tools in tumor identification and classification. Monoclonal Anti Pan Cytokeratin (mixture) is a broadly reactive reagent, which recognizes epitopes present in most human epithelial tissues. It facilitates typing of normal, metaplastic and neoplastic cells. Synergy between the various components results in staining amplification. This enables identification of cells, which would otherwise be stained only marginally. The mixture may aid in the discrimination of carcinomas and nonepithelial tumors such as sarcomas, lymphomas and neural tumors. It is also useful in detecting micrometastases in lymph nodes, bone marrow and other tissues and for determining the origin of poorly differentiated tumors. There are two types of cytokeratins the acidic type I cytokeratins and the basic or neutral type II cytokeratins. Cytokeratins are usually found in pairs comprising a type I cytokeratin and a type II cytokeratin. Usually the type II cytokeratins are 8kD larger than their type I counterparts.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
Anti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11] - BSA and Azide free images
Immunohistochemistry analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human colon carcinomatissue using 1/50 ab80825, in conjunction with a peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and an AEC chromogen. Note cytoplasmic staining of tumor cells.
References for Anti-pan Cytokeratin antibody [C-11] - BSA and Azide free (ab80825)
This product has been referenced in:
- Herrero R et al. The biological activity of FasL in human and mouse lungs is determined by the structure of its stalk region. J Clin Invest : (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21285513) »
- Bártek J et al. A series of 14 new monoclonal antibodies to keratins: characterization and value in diagnostic histopathology. J Pathol 164:215-24 (1991). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 1716305) »