For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-Parvin alpha (phospho S8) antibody [EPR2174]
See all Parvin alpha primary antibodies
Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2174] to Parvin alpha (phospho S8)
- Specificityab79409 detects Parvin alpha phosphorlyated on serine 8.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
ICC/IF, WBmore details
Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 8 of Human Parvin alpha.
- Positive control
- A549 cell lysate. HeLa cells.
- General notes
This product is a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody.
Produced using Abcam’s RabMAb® technology. RabMAb® technology is covered by the following U.S. Patents, No. 5,675,063 and/or 7,429,487.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEPR2174
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIs unsuitable for Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP.
||1/100 - 1/250.
||1/2500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).
- FunctionProbably plays a role in the regulation of cell adhesion and cytoskeleton organization. Plays a role in ciliogenesis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels in heart, skeletal muscle, kidney and liver.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the parvin family.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > focal adhesion. Cell membrane. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Constituent of focal adhesions.
Information by UniProt
- Actopaxin antibody
- Alpha parvin antibody
- Alpha-parvin antibody
Anti-Parvin alpha (phospho S8) antibody [EPR2174] images
Western blot - Parvin alpha (phospho S8) antibody [EPR2174] (ab79409)
All lanes : Anti-Parvin alpha (phospho S8) antibody [EPR2174] (ab79409) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A549 cell lysate treated with LP
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - Parvin alpha (phospho S8) antibody [EPR2174] (ab79409)
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab79409 at 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-Parvin alpha (phospho S8) antibody [EPR2174] (ab79409)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"