Anti-PC1/3 antibody (ab16020)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16020 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa.|
- FunctionInvolved in the processing of hormone and other protein precursors at sites comprised of pairs of basic amino acid residues. Substrates include POMC, renin, enkephalin, dynorphin, somatostatin and insulin.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PCSK1 are the cause of proprotein convertase 1 deficiency (PC1 deficiency) [MIM:600955]. PC1 deficiency is characterized by obesity, hypogonadism, hypoadrenalism, reactive hypoglycemia as well as marked small-intestinal absorptive dysfunction It is due to impaired processing of prohormones.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S8 family. Furin subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle. Localized in the secretion granules.
- BDP antibody
- EC antibody
- NEC 1 antibody
- NEC1 antibody
- NEC1_HUMAN antibody
- Neuroendocrine convertase 1 antibody
- PC1 antibody
- PC3 antibody
- PCSK1 antibody
- Prohormone convertase 1 antibody
- Prohormone convertase 1/3 antibody
- Prohormone convertase 3 antibody
- Proprotein convertase 1 antibody
- SPC3 antibody
References for Anti-PC1/3 antibody (ab16020)
ab16020 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.