Anti-PCNA antibody (ab2426)
- Product nameAnti-PCNA antibodySee all PCNA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PCNA
- SpecificityPCNA (C19) DB051 reacts with PCNA of mouse, rat, and human origin
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Dog, Human, Zebrafish, Marmoset (common), Apteronotus leptorhynchus
Synthetic peptide: DMGHLKYYLAPKIEDEEGS, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 243-261 of Human PCNA.
- Positive control
- A431 and NIH/3T3 lysate. HeLa- nuclear lysate. Mouse heart lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.2% Gelatin
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAffinity Purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2426 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/500. See Abreviews.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/200. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).Can be blocked with PCNA peptide (ab2427).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/2000 - 1/3000. See Abreview.|
- FunctionThis protein is an auxiliary protein of DNA polymerase delta and is involved in the control of eukaryotic DNA replication by increasing the polymerase's processibility during elongation of the leading strand. Induces a robust stimulatory effect on the 3'-5' exonuclease and 3'-phosphodiesterase, but not apurinic-apyrimidinic (AP) endonuclease, APEX2 activities. Has to be loaded onto DNA in order to be able to stimulate APEX2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PCNA family.
modificationsUpon methyl methanesulfonate-induced DNA damage, mono-ubiquitinated by the UBE2B-RAD18 complex on Lys-164. This induces non-canonical polyubiquitination on Lys-164 through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 complex UBE2N-UBE2V2 and the E3 ligases, HLTF, RNF8 and SHPRH, which is required for DNA repair. 'Lys-63' polyubiquitination prevents genomic instability on DNA damage. Monoubiquitination at Lys-164 also takes place in undamaged proliferating cells, and is mediated by the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to enhance PCNA-dependent translesion DNA synthesis.
Acetylated in response to UV irradiation. Acetylation disrupts interaction with NUDT15 and promotes degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Forms nuclear foci representing sites of ongoing DNA replication and vary in morphology and number during S phase. Together with APEX2, is redistributed in discrete nuclear foci in presence of oxidative DNA damaging agents.
- Entrez Gene: 5111 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18538 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25737 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 30678 Zebrafish
- Omim: 176740 Human
- SwissProt: P12004 Human
- SwissProt: P17918 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04961 Rat
- SwissProt: Q9PTP1 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 147433 Human
- Unigene: 728886 Human
- Unigene: 7141 Mouse
- Unigene: 223 Rat
- Unigene: 35605 Zebrafish
- Cyclin antibody
- DNA polymerase delta auxiliary protein antibody
- HGCN8729 antibody
- MGC8367 antibody
- Mutagen-sensitive 209 protein antibody
- OTTHUMP00000030189 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000030190 antibody
- PCNA antibody
- Pcna/cyclin antibody
- PCNA_HUMAN antibody
- PCNAR antibody
- Polymerase delta accessory protein antibody
- Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen antibody
Anti-PCNA antibody images
ab2426 staining PCNA in Mouse 14.5 dpc tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with TBS-T and blocked with 1% BSA + 1% FBS in TBS for 2 hours at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in Tris buffer, pH 9. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in blocking buffer) for 16 hours at 4°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab2426 staining PCNA in murine skin tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using TRIS EDTA pH 8.2. Samples were then incubated with the primary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution for 1 hour at 37°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated rabbit polyclonal was used as secondary antibody.
ab2426 was used for immunohistochemistry, at a 1:500 dilution in hamster neural tissue, identified with a polyclonal secondary and DAB detection kit. Review by Kevin Bath submitted 18 June 2004
ab2426 at 1/200 dilution staining rat skeletal muscle satellite stem cells by ICC/IF.
Cultured rat skeletal muscle satellite stem cells (SKMB) were 2% paraformaldehyde fixed for 15 minutes and then permealized with Triton-X100 prior to incubation with ab2426 overnight at 4°C. An Alexa-Fluor ® 488 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit (ab150073) antibody was used as the secondary.The image shows DAPI (blue-nuclear stain, upper left panel), PCNA (Green, upper right panel, showing nuclear localization in actively dividing cells), same SKMB cells -DIC (phase) image (lower left panel) and superimpose fluorescence image (lower right panel).
ab2426 staining PCNA in murine epithelial tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).Wound tissue sections (0.5 µm) were cut using a microtome and collected on slides. Sections were then de-waxed in xylene and rehydrated by successive immersion in descending concentrations of alcohol. The sections were then subjected for immunofluorescence staining. Briefly, tissue sections were blocked by incubated with 5% donkey serum (ab7475) for 1 hour and washed with phosphate-buffered saline (PBS). Sections were then incubated with ab2426 at a 1/500 for 1 hour at room temperature under humidified conditions. After primary antibody incubation, sections were washed with PBS and incubated with appropriate fluorescent secondary antibodies for 1 hour at room temperature. Sections were then washed with PBS, mounted with mounting medium containing DAPI.
All lanes : Anti-PCNA antibody (ab2426) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
IRDye 680 conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) at 1/15000 dilution
Predicted band size : 29 kDa
Observed band size : 29 kDa
All lanes : Anti-PCNA antibody (ab2426) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole tissue lysate prepared from mouse heart
Lane 2 : Whole tissue lysate prepared from mouse heart
Lane 3 : Whole tissue lysate prepared from mouse heart
Lane 4 : Whole tissue lysate prepared from mouse heart
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
HRP-conjugated pig anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 29 kDa
Observed band size : 29 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-PCNA antibody (ab2426)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jia C et al. An IP3R3- and NPY-expressing microvillous cell mediates tissue homeostasis and regeneration in the mouse olfactory epithelium. PLoS One 8:e58668 (2013). IHC ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23516531) »
- Zuniga KE et al. The interactions of dietary tomato powder and soy germ on prostate carcinogenesis in the TRAMP model. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:548-57 (2013). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23592738) »