For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-PDE5A antibody
See all PDE5A primary antibodies
Goat polyclonal to PDE5A
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise all 4 reported isoforms (as represented by NP_001074; NP_236914; NP_246273). [NP_237223 has been retracted].
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
- Species reactivity
HumanPredicted to work with:
Rat, Cow, Dog
C-LINGESG QAKRN , corresponding to C terminal amino acids 864-875 of Human PDE5A.
- Positive control
- Human lung lysate. Lysate prepared from transfected HEK293 cells transiently expressing PDE5A.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide.
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris saline. pH 7.3.
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation, followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).Can be blocked with PDE5A peptide (864-875) (ab45684).
- FunctionPlays a role in signal transduction by regulating the intracellular concentration of cyclic nucleotides. This phosphodiesterase catalyzes the specific hydrolysis of cGMP to 5'-GMP.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in aortic smooth muscle cells, heart, placenta, skeletal muscle and pancreas and, to a much lesser extent, in brain, liver and lung.
- PathwayPurine metabolism; 3',5'-cyclic GMP degradation; GMP from 3',5'-cyclic GMP: step 1/1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family.
Contains 2 GAF domains.
- DomainComposed of a C-terminal catalytic domain containing two putative divalent metal sites and an N-terminal regulatory domain which contains two homologous allosteric cGMP-binding regions, A and B.
modificationsPhosphorylation is regulated by binding of cGMP to the two allosteric sites.
Information by UniProt
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase antibody
- CGB PDE antibody
- CGB-PDE antibody
Anti-PDE5A antibody images
References for Anti-PDE5A antibody (ab28761)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"