For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Light chain typekappa
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesWB: Use at a concentration of 1-5 µg/ml.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPlays a role in signal transduction by regulating the intracellular concentration of cyclic nucleotides. This phosphodiesterase catalyzes the specific hydrolysis of cGMP to 5'-GMP.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in aortic smooth muscle cells, heart, placenta, skeletal muscle and pancreas and, to a much lesser extent, in brain, liver and lung.
- PathwayPurine metabolism; 3',5'-cyclic GMP degradation; GMP from 3',5'-cyclic GMP: step 1/1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family.
Contains 2 GAF domains.
- DomainComposed of a C-terminal catalytic domain containing two putative divalent metal sites and an N-terminal regulatory domain which contains two homologous allosteric cGMP-binding regions, A and B.
modificationsPhosphorylation is regulated by binding of cGMP to the two allosteric sites.
Information by UniProt
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase antibody
- CGB PDE antibody
- CGB-PDE antibody
Anti-PDE5A antibody images
References for Anti-PDE5A antibody (ab56505)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"