Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754) antibody (ab5460)
- Product nameAnti-PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754) antibodySee all PDGF Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754)
- SpecificityPDGFR beta (50%) has not been tested, but is not expected to react.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic phospho peptide (Human) containing Tyrosine 754.
- Positive control
- NIH3T3 cells +/- PDGF.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA (IgG, protease free). pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated PDGFR alpha. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a PDGFR alpha derived peptide phosphorylated at tyrosine 754.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. 1/50 (see Abreview)|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50. (see Abreviews)|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.35 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170-185 kDa.|
- FunctionReceptor that binds both PDGFA and PDGFB and has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in primary and metastatic colon tumors and in normal colon tissue. Tumors may express a different isoform to that found in normal tissue.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRA is found in some cases of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Interstitial chromosomal deletion del(4)(q12q12) causes the fusion of FIP1L1 and PDGFRA (FIP1L1-PDGFRA).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Alpha platelet derived growth factor receptor antibody
- Alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor antibody
- CD 140a antibody
- CD140 antigen-like family member A antibody
- CD140a antibody
- CD140a antigen antibody
- MGC74795 antibody
- PDGF alpha chain antibody
- PDGF R alpha antibody
- PDGF-R-alpha antibody
- PDGFR 2 antibody
- PDGFR A antibody
- PDGFR alpha antibody
- PDGFR2 antibody
- PDGFRA antibody
- PDGFRA/BCR fusion antibody
- PGFRA_HUMAN antibody
- Platelet derived growth factor receptor 2 antibody
- Platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha antibody
- Platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha polypeptide antibody
- Platelet derived growth factor receptor antibody
- Rearranged in hypereosinophilia platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha fusion protein antibody
- RHEPDGFRA antibody
Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754) antibody images
Peptide Competition: Extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells left unstimulated (1) and stimulated with PDGF (2-5) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4°C, then were incubated with 0.50 µg/mL ab5460 antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 1% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phosphotyrosine containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to ab5460 blocks the antibody signal, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody.
ab5460 staining PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754) in murine brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citric acid pH 6.1. Samples were then permeabilized using 0.3% H2O2, then blocked with 0.5% BSA for 20 minutes at room temperature, followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/50 dilution for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit/mouse polyclonal was used as secondary antibody. Nuclei staining with Haematoxillin (blue) and PDGF Receptor alpha staining with DAB (brown). PDGF Receptor alpha staining in the membrane of astrocytes.
ab5460 staining PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754) in human glioblastoma multiforme brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citric acid pH 6.1. Samples were then permeabilized using 0.3% H2O2, then blocked with 0.5% BSA for 20 minutes at room temperature, followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/50 dilution for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit/mouse polyclonal was used as secondary antibody. Nuclei staining with Haematoxillin (blue) and PDGF Receptor alpha staining with DAB (brown). PDGF Receptor alpha staining in the membrane of astrocytes.
References for Anti-PDGF Receptor alpha (phospho Y754) antibody (ab5460)
This product has been referenced in:
- Johnson TV et al. Identification of retinal ganglion cell neuroprotection conferred by platelet-derived growth factor through analysis of the mesenchymal stem cell secretome. Brain N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24176979) »
- Sabha N et al. Investigation of the In Vitro Therapeutic Efficacy of Nilotinib in Immortalized Human NF2-Null Vestibular Schwannoma Cells. PLoS One 7:e39412 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22745749) »