For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).
- FunctionInhibits the mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by phosphorylation of the E1 alpha subunit, thus contributing to the regulation of glucose metabolism.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous; highest levels of expression in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDK/BCKDK protein kinase family.
Contains 1 histidine kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
Information by UniProt
- [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 4 antibody
- FLJ40832 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
Anti-PDK4 antibody images
Western blot - PDK4 antibody (ab88063)
Anti-PDK4 antibody (ab88063) at 1 µg/ml + Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29330) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-PDK4 antibody (ab88063)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"