Perforin (PRF1) Human ELISA Kit (ab46068)
- Product namePerforin (PRF1) Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 416pg/ml 20 5% B 8 674pg/ml 25 4% C 8 984pg/ml 24 3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 9 580pg/ml 15 3% B 9 665pg/ml 31 5% C 9 1004pg/ml 45 5%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 40 pg/ml
- Range62.5 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 71 % - %
- Assay time2h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Perforin (PRF1) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Perforin in supernatant and buffered solutions.
A monoclonal antibody specific for Perforin has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known Perforin concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for Perforin are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of Perforin present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human Perforin.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 30ml 2 x 30ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated anti PRF1 Red 1 x 400ml 2 x 400ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml PRF1 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units PRF1 Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
- Research Areas
- RelevancePerforin has structural and functional similarities to complement component 9 (C9). Like C9, Perforin creates transmembrane tubules and is capable of lysing non-specifically a variety of target cells. It is one of the main cytolytic proteins of cytolytic granules, and it is known to be a key effector molecule for T-cell- and natural killer-cell-mediated cytolysis. Defects in this gene cause familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis type 2 (HPLH2), a rare and lethal autosomal recessive disorder of early childhood.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Cytoplasmic
- Perforin 1
- Pore forming protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46068 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Perforin (PRF1) Human ELISA Kit (ab46068)
This product has been referenced in:
- Freeman LM et al. Myeloma-induced alloreactive T cells arising in myeloma-infiltrated bones include double-positive CD8+CD4+ T cells: evidence from myeloma-bearing mouse model. J Immunol 187:3987-96 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21908738) »