For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody [12A]
See all Peroxiredoxin 5 primary antibodies
Mouse monoclonal [12A] to Peroxiredoxin 5
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
IHC-P, ELISA, WBmore details
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant human fragment protein (without mitochondrial leader sequence) purified from E.coli.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: HEPES, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clone number12A
- Light chain typekappa
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.
- FunctionReduces hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides with reducing equivalents provided through the thioredoxin system. Involved in intracellular redox signaling.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxiredoxin 2 family.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Cytoplasm. Peroxisome.
Information by UniProt
- ACR1 antibody
- Alu co repressor 1 antibody
- Alu corepressor 1 antibody
Anti-Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody [12A] images
Western blot - Anti-Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody [12A] (ab16942)This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
Anti-Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody [12A] (ab16942) at 1/5000 dilution + Rat cerebellum whole tissue lysate at 30 µg
Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97046) at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
Observed band size : 24 kDa
Exposure time : 15 seconds
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
Secondary antibody - anti-mouse HRP (ab97046)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Anti-Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody [12A] (ab16942)
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded Human lung, respiratory epithelium tissue labeling Peroxiredoxin with ab16942.
References for Anti-Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody [12A] (ab16942)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"