Anti-PGP9.5  antibody (ab80664)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Proclin
Constituents: Tris HCl, Sodium citrate, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number35
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80664 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
- Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCHL1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 5 (PARK5) [MIM:613643]; also known as Parkinson disease autosomal dominant 5. PARK5 is a complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (resting tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Neuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibody
- PARK5 antibody
- PGP 9.5 antibody
- PGP9.5 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 (ubiquitin thiolesterase) antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L3 (ubiquitin thiolesterase) antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L3 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L3 antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibody
- Uch L1 antibody
- UCH L3 antibody
- UCHL 1 antibody
- UCHL 3 antibody
- UCHL1 antibody
- UCHL3 antibody
Anti-PGP9.5  antibody images
Overlay histogram showing SH-SH5Y cells stained with ab80664 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab80664, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Anti-PGP9.5  antibody (ab80664) at 1/1000 dilution + HEK293
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Anti-PGP9.5  antibody (ab80664) at 1/1000 dilution + recombinant UCHL1/3
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-PGP9.5  antibody (ab80664)
ab80664 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.