Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [31A3] (ab20559)
- Product nameAnti-PGP9.5 antibody [31A3]See all PGP9.5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [31A3] to PGP9.5
- SpecificityAb20559 stains neuronal cell bodies and axons in the CNS and periphery, small nerve fibers in peripheral tissues, neuroendocrine cells in the pituitary, thyroid, pancreas and tumors of the DNES.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-P, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Native PGP 9.5 protein from brain
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number31A3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20559 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.1-1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/6000 - 1/25000.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
- FunctionUbiquitin-protein hydrolase involved both in the processing of ubiquitin precursors and of ubiquitinated proteins. This enzyme is a thiol protease that recognizes and hydrolyzes a peptide bond at the C-terminal glycine of ubiquitin. Also binds to free monoubiquitin and may prevent its degradation in lysosomes. The homodimer may have ATP-independent ubiquitin ligase activity.
- Tissue specificityFound in neuronal cell bodies and processes throughout the neocortex (at protein level). Expressed in neurons and cells of the diffuse neuroendocrine system and their tumors. Weakly expressed in ovary. Down-regulated in brains from Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease patients.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCHL1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 5 (PARK5) [MIM:613643]; also known as Parkinson disease autosomal dominant 5. PARK5 is a complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (resting tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C12 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. About 30% of total UCHL1 is associated with membranes in brain.
- Gracile axonal dystrophy antibody
- Neuron cytoplasmic protein 9.5 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218137 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218139 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218140 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000218141 antibody
- Park 5 antibody
- PARK5 antibody
- Parkinson Disease 5 antibody
- PGP 9.5 antibody
- PGP9.5 antibody
- PGP95 antibody
- Protein gene product 9.5 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase (neuron specific) antibody
- Ubiquitin C terminal hydrolase antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal esterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase isozyme L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin thioesterase L1 antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase antibody
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase L1 antibody
- UCH L1 antibody
- UCH L1 antibody
- UCH-L1 antibody
- UCHL1 antibody
- UCHL1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [31A3] images
Overlay histogram showing SH-SH5Y cells stained with ab20559 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab20559, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat emybronic rectal tissue, staining PGP9.5 with ab20559.
After antigen retrieval, the sections were treated and incubated with primary antibody (1/200), followed by an HRP-conjugated donkey anti-mouse IgG (1/200). Staining was detected using DAB.
References for Anti-PGP9.5 antibody [31A3] (ab20559)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mtango NR et al. Essential role of maternal UCHL1 and UCHL3 in fertilization and preimplantation embryo development. J Cell Physiol 227:1592-603 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21678411) »
- Saygili E et al. Age-related regional differences in cardiac nerve growth factor expression. Age (Dordr) 34:659-67 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21559866) »