Anti-PINK1 antibody [38CT18.7] (ab75487)
- Product nameAnti-PINK1 antibody [38CT18.7]See all PINK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [38CT18.7] to PINK1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length PINK1 protein (Human).
- Positive control
- 293 cell lysate transiently transfected with the PINK gene
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number38CT18.7
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75487 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa.|
- FunctionProtects against mitochondrial dysfunction during cellular stress, potentially by phosphorylating mitochondrial proteins. Involved in the clearance of damaged mitochondria via selective autophagy (mitophagy). It is necessary for PARK2 recruitement to dysfunctional mitochondria to initiate their degradation.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, skeletal muscle and testis, and at lower levels in brain, placenta, liver, kidney, pancreas, prostate, ovary and small intestine. Present in the embryonic testis from an early stage of development.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in PINK1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 6 (PARK6) [MIM:605909]. A neurodegenerative disorder characterized by parkinsonian signs such as rigidity, resting tremor and bradykinesia. A subset of patients manifest additional symptoms including hyperreflexia, autonomic instability, dementia and psychiatric disturbances. Symptoms show diurnal fluctuation and can improve after sleep.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- BRPK antibody
- FLJ27236 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
- PARK 6 antibody
- PARK6 antibody
- Phosphatase and Tensin Homolog antibody
- PINK 1 antibody
- PINK1 antibody
- PINK1_HUMAN antibody
- Protein kinase BRPK antibody
- PTEN induced putative kinase 1 antibody
- PTEN induced putative kinase protein 1 antibody
- PTEN-induced putative kinase protein 1 antibody
- Serine/threonine kinase PINK1 mitochondrial antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase PINK1 mitochondrial antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase PINK1 antibody
Anti-PINK1 antibody [38CT18.7] images
All lanes : Anti-PINK1 antibody [38CT18.7] (ab75487) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transfected 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293 cell lysate transiently transfected with the PINK1 gene
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 63 kDa
Additional bands at : ~50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunocytochemistical detection of PINK1 antibody (ab75487) on Human Cell (PC12 cell line) Specification PC12 cell line Fixative: Paraformaldehyde. Permeabilization: 0.3xTriton 100. Blocking step: 10% serum for 1 hour @ 4°C. Primary antibody incubated at 2 µg/ml for 24 hours @ 4°C. Secondary antibody: Alexa Fluor® 488 (1/1000). The submitted image shows PC12 cells stained with ab75487; DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-PINK1 antibody [38CT18.7] (ab75487)
ab75487 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.