Pitstop 1™ (ab120685)
- Product namePitstop 1™
- DescriptionNovel, selective clathrin inhibitor
- Biological descriptionNovel, selective clathrin inhibitor. Competitively inhibits clathrin terminal domain (TD) to selectively inhibit clathrin mediated endocytosis (IC50 ~18 μM for inhibition of amphiphysin association of clathrin TD). Interferes with receptor mediated endocytosis, entry of HIV and synaptic vesicle recycling. Exhibits limited cell membrane penetration, however it is active in cells after microinjection.
- General notes
Sold under exclusive licence from Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd. Pitstop-1™ is a trademark of Freie Universitat Berlin, Newcastle Innovation Ltd. and Children's Medical Research Institute
- Chemical name2-(4-Aminobenzyl)-1,3-dioxo-2,3-dihydro-1H-benzo[de]isoquinoline-5-sulfonic acid sodium salt
- Molecular Weight404.37
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC19H13N2NaO5S
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water and DMSO
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.