Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody (ab71123)
- Product nameAnti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibodySee all PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 aa 311-341 (internal sequence) conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P05771
- Positive control
- Human placenta lysate; Paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71123 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 77 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).|
- FunctionCalcium-activated and phospholipid-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase involved in various processes such as regulation of the B-cell receptor (BCR) signalosome, apoptosis and transcription regulation. Plays a key role in B-cell activation and function by regulating BCR-induced NF-kappa-B activation and B-cell suvival. Required for recruitment and activation of the IKK kinase to lipid rafts and mediates phosphorylation of CARD11/CARMA1 at 'Ser-559', 'Ser-644' and 'Ser-652', leading to activate the NF-kappa-B signaling. Involved in apoptosis following oxidative damage: in case of oxidative conditions, specifically phosphorylates 'Ser-36' of isoform p66Shc of SHC1, leading to mitochondrial accumulation of p66Shc, where p66Shc acts as a reactive oxygen species producer. Acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and specifically mediating phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of histone H3 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. Also involved in triglyceride homeostasis. Serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-500 within the activation loop renders it competent to autophosphorylate. Subsequent autophosphorylation of Thr-642 maintains catalytic competence, and autophosphorylation on Ser-661 appears to release the kinase into the cytosol. Autophosphorylation on other sites i.e. in the N-terminal and hinge regions have no effect on enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane.
- KPCB_HUMAN antibody
- MGC41878 antibody
- PKC B antibody
- PKC beta antibody
- PKC-B antibody
- PKC-beta antibody
- PKCB antibody
- PKCB1 antibody
- PKCB2 antibody
- PKCbeta antibody
- PRKCB 1 antibody
- PRKCB 2 antibody
- PRKCB antibody
- PRKCB I antibody
- PRKCB II antibody
- PRKCB1 antibody
- PRKCB2 antibody
- Protein kinase C beta 1 antibody
- Protein kinase C beta 1 polypeptide antibody
- Protein kinase C beta 2 antibody
- Protein kinase C beta antibody
- Protein kinase C beta type antibody
Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody images
Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody (ab71123) at 1/100 dilution + human placenta lysate at 12.5 µg
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
Observed band size : 77 kDa
Additional bands at : 150 kDa,20 kDa,30 kDa,40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
All lanes : Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody (ab71123) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transfected HEK293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 cell lysate transiently transfected with PKC beta 2
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
ab71123 at 1/50 dilution, staining PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue, followed by peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and AEC staining
References for Anti-PKC beta 1 + PKC beta 2 antibody (ab71123)
ab71123 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.