(±)-Chlorpheniramine maleate (ab120729)
- Product name(±)-Chlorpheniramine maleate
- DescriptionPotent H1 antagonist and SNRI
- Biological descriptionPotent H1 antagonist (Ki = 2 nM) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). Shows anti-allergic, anti-depressant and anti-anxiolytic activity.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name3-(4-Chlorophenyl)-N,N-dimethyl-3-(pyridin-2-yl)propan-1-amine
- Molecular Weight390.87
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC16H19ClN2.C4H4O4
- CAS Number113-92-8
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for (±)-Chlorpheniramine maleate (ab120729)
This product has been referenced in:
- Miyata S et al. Chlorpheniramine exerts anxiolytic-like effects and activates prefrontal 5-HT systems in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 213:441-52 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 19823805) »
- Rojas-Zamorano JA et al. The H1 histamine receptor blocker, chlorpheniramine, completely prevents the increase in REM sleep induced by immobilization stress in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 91:291-4 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 18700151) »
- Aslanian R et al. Identification of a dual histamine H1/H3 receptor ligand based on the H1 antagonist chlorpheniramine. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:1959-61 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12781173) »