PMN Elastase Human ELISA Kit (ab119553)
- Product namePMN Elastase Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.8%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity1.98 pg/ml
- Range0.16 ng/ml - 10 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Plasma 104 96% - 110%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s PMN Elastase Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human PMN Elastase concentrations in Cell culture supernatants, plasma, exudate, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, cerebrospinal fluid and seminal plasma.
PMN Elastase specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with an HRP-conjugated PMN Elastase detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, TMB is used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the PMN Elastase amount of sample captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Adhesive Films 2 units Control high 1 vial Control low 1 vial HRP-Conjugate anti-alpha1-PI polyclonal antibody 1 x 16ml Human PMN Elastase Standard, lyophilized, (10 ng/mL upon reconstitution) 1 vial Microplate coated with polyclonal antibody to Human PMN Elastase (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Sample Diluent 1 x 50ml Stop Solution 1 x 7ml TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 22ml Wash Buffer Concentrate (10x) 1 x 50ml
- FunctionModifies the functions of natural killer cells, monocytes and granulocytes. Inhibits C5a-dependent neutrophil enzyme release and chemotaxis.
- Tissue specificityBone marrow cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ELANE are a cause of cyclic haematopoiesis (CH) [MIM:162800]; also known as cyclic neutropenia. CH is an autosomal dominant disease in which blood-cell production from the bone marrow oscillates with 21-day periodicity. Circulating neutrophils vary between almost normal numbers and zero. During intervals of neutropenia, affected individuals are at risk for opportunistic infection. Monocytes, platelets, lymphocytes and reticulocytes also cycle with the same frequency.
Defects in ELANE are the cause of neutropenia severe congenital autosomal dominant type 1 (SCN1) [MIM:202700]. SCN1 is a disorder of hematopoiesis characterized by a maturation arrest of granulopoiesis at the level of promyelocytes with peripheral blood absolute neutrophil counts below 0.5 x 10(9)/l and early onset of severe bacterial infections.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Elastase subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Bone marrow serine protease
- Elastase 2 neutrophil
- Elastase neutrophil expressed
- granulocyte derived elastase
- Human leukocyte elastase
- Leukocyte elastase
- Neutrophil elastase
- PMN E
- PMN elastase
- Polymorphonuclear elastase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for PMN Elastase Human ELISA Kit (ab119553)
ab119553 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.