For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein A column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/50 - 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).
- FunctionConverts noradrenaline to adrenaline.
- PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; (R)-adrenaline biosynthesis; (R)-adrenaline from (R)-noradrenaline: step 1/1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NNMT/PNMT/TEMT family.
Information by UniProt
- Noradrenaline N-methyltransferase antibody
- PENT antibody
- Phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase antibody
Anti-PNMT antibody - Carboxyterminal end images
Western blot - PNMT antibody (ab71096)
Anti-PNMT antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab71096) at 1/60 dilution + T47D cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 28 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-PNMT antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab71096)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"