Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] (ab80356)
- Product nameAnti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2]See all Podoplanin / gp36 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5E2] to Podoplanin / gp36
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant protein, corresponding to amino acids 1 - 206 of Human Podoplanin / gp36, purified from E.coli
- Positive control
- extracts from mouse kidneys
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesab80356 was purified from ascitic fluids by protein G affinity chromatography
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5E2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80356 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionMay be involved in cell migration and/or actin cytoskeleton organization. When expressed in keratinocytes, induces changes in cell morphology with transfected cells showing an elongated shape, numerous membrane protrusions, major reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton, increased motility and decreased cell adhesion. Required for normal lung cell proliferation and alveolus formation at birth. Induces platelet aggregation. Does not have any effect on folic acid or amino acid transport. Does not function as a water channel or as a regulator of aquaporin-type water channels.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta, lung, skeletal muscle and brain. Weakly expressed in brain, kidney and liver. In placenta, expressed on the apical plasma membrane of endothelium. In lung, expressed in alveolar epithelium. Up-regulated in colorectal tumors and expressed in 25% of early oral squamous cell carcinomas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the podoplanin family.
modificationsExtensively O-glycosylated. Contains sialic acid residues. O-glycosylation is necessary for platelet aggregation activity.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell projection > filopodium membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Cell projection > microvillus membrane. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Localized to actin-rich microvilli and plasma membrane projections such as filopodia, lamellipodia and ruffles.
- Aggrus antibody
- Glycoprotein 36 KD antibody
- Glycoprotein 36 antibody
- gp 36 antibody
- GP 38 antibody
- GP 40 antibody
- gp36 antibody
- GP38 antibody
- GP40 antibody
- HT1A 1 antibody
- HT1A1 antibody
- hT1alpha1 antibody
- hT1alpha2 antibody
- Lung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein antibody
- Lung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein isoform a antibody
- Lung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein T1A 2 antibody
- OTS 8 antibody
- OTS8 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000009640 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000044504 antibody
- PA2.26 antibody
- PA2.26 antigen antibody
- Pdpn antibody
- PDPN_HUMAN antibody
- Podoplanin antibody
- PSEC0003 antibody
- PSEC0025 antibody
- T1 alpha antibody
- T1 ALPHA GENE antibody
- T1-alpha antibody
- T1A 2 antibody
- T1A antibody
- TIA 2 antibody
- TIA2 antibody
Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] images
Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] (ab80356) at 1/500 dilution + extracts of mouse kidney at 50 µg
HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [5E2] (ab80356)
ab80356 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.