For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-PP5 antibody
See all PP5 primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to PP5
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
- Species reactivity
HumanPredicted to work with:
Mouse, Rat, Dog
Synthetic peptide derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human PP5.
(Peptide available as ab27751.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa, Jurkat and A431 whole cell lysates
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
- Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 59 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).Can be blocked with Human PP5 peptide (ab27751).
- FunctionMay play a role in the regulation of RNA biogenesis and/or mitosis. In vitro, dephosphorylates serine residues of skeletal muscle phosphorylase and histone H1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP phosphatase family. PP-5 (PP-T) subfamily.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear. But also present in the cytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- FLJ36922 antibody
- FLJ55954 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165834 antibody
Anti-PP5 antibody images
Western blot - PP5 antibody (ab34693)
All lanes : Anti-PP5 antibody (ab34693) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 : A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Observed band size : 59 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 75 kDa (possible cross reactivity).
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"