Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab70724)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibodySee all PRMT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRMT1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 300 and the C-terminus (residue 361) of human PRMT1 (NP_001527.2)
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysates from HeLa, 293T, and mouse NIH3T3 cells. IHC-P: human colon adenocarcinoma FFPE tissue sections
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab70724 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to PRMT1 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70724 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- ANM 1 antibody
- ANM1 antibody
- ANM1_HUMAN antibody
- complete cds antibody
- HCP 1 antibody
- HCP1 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase 1 like 2 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like 2 antibody
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins methyltransferase like2 antibody
- Histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT1 antibody
- HMT 2 antibody
- HMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase antibody
- HMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase S. cerevisiae) like 2 antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase like 2 antibody
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 2 (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- HMT2 antibody
- HRMT1 L2 antibody
- HRMT1L 2 antibody
- HRMT1L2 antibody
- Human mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant antibody
- Human mRNA for suppressor for yeast mutant complete cds antibody
- Interferon receptor 1 bound protein 4 antibody
- Interferon receptor 1 bound protein4 antibody
- Interferon receptor 1-bound protein 4 antibody
- Interferon receptor 1bound protein 4 antibody
- IR1 B4 antibody
- IR1B 4 antibody
- IR1B4 antibody
- Mrmt 1 antibody
- Mrmt1 antibody
- PRMT 1 antibody
- PRMT1 antibody
- Protein arginine methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase1 antibody
- Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1 antibody
- R1B4 antibody
- S. cerevisiae like 2 antibody
Anti-PRMT1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab70724) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from mouse NIH3T3 cells at 50 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 3 minutes
Detection of Human PRMT1 by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab70724 at 3 µg/mg lysate (Lane 1). Lane 2 represents rabbit IgG IP control. Subsequent Western blot detection of PRMT1 was performed using ab70724 at 1 µg/ml. Detected by chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 10 seconds.
ICC/IF image of ab70724 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70724, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of PRMT1 staining in human colon adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab70724, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-PRMT1 antibody (ab70724)
ab70724 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.