Anti-PRMT4 antibody (ab84370)
- Product nameAnti-PRMT4 antibodySee all PRMT4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PRMT4
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese Hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region within C terminal amino acids 550-585 of Human PRMT4 (SwissProt Q86X55).
- Positive control
- Human breast adenocarcinoma. Human prostate adenocarcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAntibody was affinity purified using an epitope specific to PRMT4 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84370 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Antigen exposure is recommended.
Antigen exposure with citrate buffer will enhance staining.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMethylates (mono- and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues in several proteins involved in DNA packaging, transcription regulation, pre-mRNA splicing, and mRNA stability. Recruited to promoters upon gene activation together with histone acetyltransferases from EP300/P300 and p160 families, methylates histone H3 at 'Arg-17' (H3R17me), forming mainly asymmetric dimethylarginine (H3R17me2a), leading to activate transcription via chromatin remodeling. During nuclear hormone receptor activation and TCF7L2/TCF4 activation, acts synergically with EP300/P300 and either one of the p160 histone acetyltransferases NCOA1/SRC1, NCOA2/GRIP1 and NCOA3/ACTR or CTNNB1/beta-catenin to activate transcription. During myogenic transcriptional activation, acts together with NCOA3/ACTR as a coactivator for MEF2C. During monocyte inflammatory stimulation, acts together with EP300/P300 as a coactivator for NF-kappa-B. Acts as coactivator for PPARG, promotes adipocyte differentiation and the accumulation of brown fat tissue. Plays a role in the regulation of pre-mRNA alternative splicing by methylation of splicing factors. Also seems to be involved in p53/TP53 transcriptional activation. Methylates EP300/P300, both at 'Arg-2142', which may loosen its interaction with NCOA2/GRIP1, and at 'Arg-580' and 'Arg-604' in the KIX domain, which impairs its interaction with CREB and inhibits CREB-dependent transcriptional activation. Also methylates arginine residues in RNA-binding proteins PABPC1, ELAVL1 and ELAV4, which may affect their mRNA-stabilizing properties and the half-life of their target mRNAs.
- Tissue specificityOverexpressed in prostate adenocarcinomas and high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
modificationsAuto-methylated on Arg-550. Methylation enhances transcription coactivator activity. Methylation is required for its role in the regulation of pre-mRNA alternative splicing.
Phosphorylation at Ser-216 interferes with S-adenosyl-L-methionine binding and strongly reduces methyltransferase activity (By similarity). Phosphorylation at Ser-216 is strongly increased during mitosis, and decreases rapidly to a very low, basal level after entry into the G1 phase of the cell cycle. Phosphorylation at Ser-216 may promote location in the cytosol.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Mainly nuclear during the G1, S and G2 phases of the cell cycle. Cytoplasmic during mitosis, after breakup of the nuclear membrane.
- CARM1 antibody
- CARM1_HUMAN antibody
- Coactivator associated arginine methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Histone arginine methyltransferase CARM 1 antibody
- Histone arginine methyltransferase CARM1 antibody
- Histone-arginine methyltransferase CARM1 antibody
- PRMT 4 antibody
- PRMT4 antibody
- Protein arginine methyltransferase antibody
- Protein arginine N methyltransferase 4 antibody
- Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 4 antibody
Anti-PRMT4 antibody images
ab84370 at 1/100, staining human PRMT4 in a section of human breast adenocarcinoma by immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab84370 at 1/500, staining human PRMT4 in a section of human prostate adenocarcinoma by immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).