Anti-proBDNF antibody (ab72430)
- Product nameAnti-proBDNF antibodySee all proBDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to proBDNF
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Zebrafish
A synthetic peptide from part of rat, mouse, zebrafish proBDNF conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72430 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceBrain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)is a member of the nerve growth factor family. BDNF is necessary for survival of striatal neurons in the brain and also acts as a neuroprotectant of the major neuronal types (eg. hippocampal, cortical and basal forebrain cholinergic neurons). Expression of the BDNF gene is reduced in both Alzheimer's and Huntington disease patients. Furthermore BDNF may play a role in the regulation of stress response and in the biology of mood disorders. BDNF protein is synthesized as a precursor, proBDNF, which is cleaved to the mature 14-kDa form. It is known that BDNF exists as a mixture of proBDNF and mature BDNF (PMID: 1265414). Although the biological activity of proBDNF is unclear, there is evidence suggesting that reductions in proBDNF levels affects neuronal degeneration in selective brain regions (eg. in Alzheimer's disease).
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Abrineurin antibody
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor antibody
References for Anti-proBDNF antibody (ab72430)
ab72430 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.