Anti-proBDNF antibody (ab78367)
- Storage instructionsFrozen Stock (-20C). Shelf life 12 months.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein L purified
- Purification notesSemi purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78367 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/100 - 1/250.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa. Reacts with bands of 30 kD and 28 kD.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceBrain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)is a member of the nerve growth factor family. BDNF is necessary for survival of striatal neurons in the brain and also acts as a neuroprotectant of the major neuronal types (eg. hippocampal, cortical and basal forebrain cholinergic neurons). Expression of the BDNF gene is reduced in both Alzheimer's and Huntington disease patients. Furthermore BDNF may play a role in the regulation of stress response and in the biology of mood disorders. BDNF protein is synthesized as a precursor, proBDNF, which is cleaved to the mature 14-kDa form. It is known that BDNF exists as a mixture of proBDNF and mature BDNF (PMID: 1265414). Although the biological activity of proBDNF is unclear, there is evidence suggesting that reductions in proBDNF levels affects neuronal degeneration in selective brain regions (eg. in Alzheimer's disease).
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Abrineurin antibodyBrain derived neurotrophic factor antibodyBrain derived neurotrophic factor transcript IIa antibody
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor transcript IIb antibodyBrain derived neurotrophic factor transcript IIc antibodyBrain derived neurotrophic factor transcript III antibodyBrain derived neurotrophic factor transcript IV antibody
References for Anti-proBDNF antibody (ab78367)
ab78367 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.