Anti-procollagen type IIA antibody [003-02] (ab17771)
- Product nameAnti-procollagen type IIA antibody [003-02]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [003-02] to procollagen type IIA
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment - N terminal pro-peptide (amino acids 26-181) of human collagen type II.
- EpitopeEpitope is located at the amino-terminal part of procollagen type IIA.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 500mM Sodium chloride, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number003-02
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17771 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceCollagen type II is the most abundant protein of cartilage matrix. Two isoforms exist and collagen type IIA is involved in early development of cartilage in embryos. The collagen is produced from type II procollagen when two teloterminal propeptides are digested from the precursor and released into the circulation. Procollagen type II N-terminal propeptide is considered a marker of cartilage synthesis and the normal concentration in serum is approximately 30ng/mL.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Alpha 1 type II collagen antibody
- chondrocalcin included antibody
- col11a3 antibody
- Collagen II alpha 1 polypeptide antibody
- collagen of cartilage antibody
- PIIANP antibody
- Procollagen type II alpha 1 antibody
Anti-procollagen type IIA antibody [003-02] images
ab17771, at a 1/1000 dilution, staining fetal bone anlage in the hand (around week 10) by IHC-P.
ab17771, at a 1/1000 dilution, staining specific tumour cells of biopsy from a chondroblastoma by IHC-P. The antibody was detected with an HRP conjugated Goat anti-Mouse antibody.
ab17771 staining mouse eye tissue sections -- conjunctiva and limbus by IHC-P. The tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and antigen retrieval was heat mediated using citrate buffer. The blocking agent was 1% TSA at 25°C for 1 hour. The primary antibody was incubated (undiluted) at 25°C for 15 hours. A biotinylated anti-mouse was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-procollagen type IIA antibody [003-02] (ab17771)
ab17771 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.