proMMP9 Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100732)
- Product nameproMMP9 Mouse ELISA KitSee all MMP9 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 50 pg/ml
- Range74.07 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 109.7 96% - 118% Serum 114.4 97% - 132% Plasma 112 101% - 121%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s proMMP9 Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse proMMP9 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse proMMP9 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and proMMP9 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse proMMP9 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of proMMP9 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse proMMP9 2 vials proMMP9 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse proMMP9 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
- Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MMP9 may be a cause of susceptibility to intervertebral disc disease (IDD) [MIM:603932]; also known as lumbar disk herniation (LDH). IDD is one of the most common musculo-skeletal disorders and the predominant cause of low-back pain and unilateral leg pain.
Defects in MMP9 are the cause of metaphyseal anadysplasia type 2 (MANDP2) [MIM:613073]. Metaphyseal anadysplasia consists of an abnormal bone development characterized by severe skeletal changes that, in contrast with the progressive course of most other skeletal dysplasias, resolve spontaneously with age. Clinical characteristics are evident from the first months of life and include slight shortness of stature and a mild varus deformity of the legs. Patients attain a normal stature in adolescence and show improvement or complete resolution of varus deformity of the legs and rhizomelic micromelia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
- Collagenase Type 4 beta
- Collagenase type IV 92 KD
- EC 220.127.116.11
- Gelatinase 92 KD
- Gelatinase B
- Gelatinase beta
- Macrophage gelatinase
- Matrix metallopeptidase 9 (gelatinase B 92kDa gelatinase 92kDa type IV collangenase)
- Matrix metalloproteinase 9
- MMP 9
- Type V collagenase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100732 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for proMMP9 Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100732)
ab100732 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.