For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
Concentration information loading...
- Clone numberEP1496Y
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIP: 1/40.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 105 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 97 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt, IHC or ICC/IF.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionConverts transient diacylglycerol (DAG) signals into prolonged physiological effects, downstream of PKC. Involved in resistance to oxidative stress.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKD subfamily.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-876 correlates with the activation status of the kinase.
Ser-706 is probably phosphorylated by PKC.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Translocation to the cell membrane is required for kinase activation.
Information by UniProt
- DKFZp586E0820 antibody
- HSPC187 antibody
- KPCD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Protein Kinase D2 (phospho S876) antibody [EP1496Y] images
Western blot - Protein Kinase D2 (phospho S876) antibody [EP1496Y] (ab51251)
All lanes : Anti-Protein Kinase D2 (phospho S876) antibody [EP1496Y] (ab51251) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with TPA
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 97 kDa
Observed band size : 105 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Protein Kinase D2 (phospho S876) antibody [EP1496Y] (ab51251)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bernhart E et al. Protein kinase D2 regulates migration and invasion of U87MG glioblastoma cells in vitro. Exp Cell Res 319:2037-48 (2013).
Read more (PubMed: 23562655) »
See 1 Publication
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"