Rabbit Actin full length protein (ab73630)
- Product nameRabbit Actin full length proteinSee all Actin proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Additional sequence informationPurified from rabbit striated muscle
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73630 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 98
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity:Greater than 98.0% as determined by: (a) Analysis by RP-HPLC. (b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Notes
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
ab73630 can be used in applications as a: Protein standard in 1D and 2D SDS gel electrophoresis Immunoassays Immunization
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.00222% Calcium chloride, 0.5% SDS, 0.0154% DTT, 0.158% Tris HCl, 0.01014% ATP
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm water to not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Actin alpha skeletal muscle
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle
- actin, alpha 1, skeletal muscle 1
- Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
- alpha Actin 1
- alpha skeletal muscle
- alpha skeletal muscle Actin
- nemaline myopathy type 3
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
Rabbit Actin full length protein images
Anti-Actin antibody (ab1801) at 1/1000 dilution +
Rabbit Actin full length protein (ab73630) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 4 minutes
References for Rabbit Actin full length protein (ab73630)
ab73630 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.