Anti-Rac1 antibody [0.T.127] (ab33186)
- Product nameAnti-Rac1 antibody [0.T.127]See all Rac1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [0.T.127] to Rac1
- SpecificityRecognizes Rac at 21kD.Slight Rac 2 cross-reactivity
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC (PFA fixed), ICC/IF, ELISA, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
Recombinant protein containing the full length human Rac.
- Positive control
- WB/IP: rat brain microsomal protein preparation IHC: rat brain sections fixed first with PBS, 4% paraformaldehyde, 2% acetic acid for 30 minutes followed by ethanol:acetic acid [95:5] for 2 minutes. Affinity Precipitation Assay: lysates of 3T3 fibroblasts
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.1M Tris glycine. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number0.T.127
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33186 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC (PFA fixed)||IHC (PFA fixed): 1/10 - 1/50.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/10 - 1/50.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/100 - 1/1000.|
|IP||IP: Use 1µg for 107 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionPlasma membrane-associated small GTPase which cycles between active GTP-bound and inactive GDP-bound states. In its active state, binds to a variety of effector proteins to regulate cellular responses such as secretory processes, phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, epithelial cell polarization and growth-factor induced formation of membrane ruffles. Rac1 p21/rho GDI heterodimer is the active component of the cytosolic factor sigma 1, which is involved in stimulation of the NADPH oxidase activity in macrophages (By similarity). Essential for the SPATA13-mediated regulation of cell migration and adhesion assembly and disassembly.
Isoform B has an accelerated GEF-independent GDP/GTP exchange and an impaired GTP hydrolysis, which is restored partially by GTPase-activating proteins. It is able to bind to the GTPase-binding domain of PAK but not full-length PAK in a GTP-dependent manner, suggesting that the insertion does not completely abolish effector interaction.
- Tissue specificityIsoform B is predominantly identified in skin and epithelial tissues from the intestinal tract. Its expression is elevated in colorectal tumors at various stages of neoplastic progression, as compared to their respective adjacent tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rho family.
- DomainThe effector region mediates interaction with DEF6.
modificationsAMPylation at Tyr-32 and Thr-35 are mediated by bacterial enzymes in case of infection by H.somnus and V.parahaemolyticus, respectively. AMPylation occurs in the effector region and leads to inactivation of the GTPase activity by preventing the interaction with downstream effectors, thereby inhibiting actin assembly in infected cells. It is unclear whether some human enzyme mediates AMPylation; FICD has such ability in vitro but additional experiments remain to be done to confirm results in vivo.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Melanosome. Inner surface of plasma membrane possibly with attachment requiring prenylation of the C-terminal cysteine (By similarity). Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Cell migration inducing gene 5 protein antibody
- Cell migration-inducing gene 5 protein antibody
- MGC111543 antibody
- MIG 5 antibody
- MIG5 antibody
- Migration inducing gene 5 antibody
- Migration inducing protein 5 antibody
- p21 Rac1 antibody
- p21-Rac1 antibody
- Rac 1 antibody
- RAC1 antibody
- RAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Ras like protein TC25 antibody
- Ras-like protein TC25 antibody
- Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1 antibody
- rho family small GTP binding protein Rac1 antibody
- TC 25 antibody
- TC25 antibody
Anti-Rac1 antibody [0.T.127] images
Anti-Rac1 antibody [0.T.127] (ab33186) at 1/750 dilution (for 14 hours at 4°C) + Mouse brain whole tissue lysate at 15 µg
An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 21 kDa
Observed band size : 21 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
ab33186 staining Rac1 in Mouse intestine tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA 1 hour at 20°C ; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with citric acid. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/750) for 4 hours at 20°C. An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal (1/5000) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Rac1 antibody [0.T.127] (ab33186)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hou X et al. Coactosin accelerates cell dynamism by promoting actin polymerization. Dev Biol 379:53-63 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23603493) »
- Jacobs VL et al. Propentofylline targets TROY, a novel microglial signaling pathway. PLoS One 7:e37955 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22649568) »