RAGE Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100738)
- Product nameRAGE Mouse ELISA KitSee all RAGE kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
- Range13.72 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 75.89 67% - 82% Serum 102.9 91% - 110% Plasma 82.69 71% - 92%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s RAGE Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse RAGE in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse RAGE coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and RAGE present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse RAGE antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of RAGE bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 160X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-mouse RAGE 2 vials RAGE Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse RAGE Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionMediates interactions of advanced glycosylation end products (AGE). These are nonenzymatically glycosylated proteins which accumulate in vascular tissue in aging and at an accelerated rate in diabetes. Acts as a mediator of both acute and chronic vascular inflammation in conditions such as atherosclerosis and in particular as a complication of diabetes. AGE/RAGE signaling plays an important role in regulating the production/expression of TNF-alpha, oxidative stress, and endothelial dysfunction in type 2 diabetes. Interaction with S100A12 on endothelium, mononuclear phagocytes, and lymphocytes triggers cellular activation, with generation of key proinflammatory mediators. Interaction with S100B after myocardial infarction may play a role in myocyte apoptosis by activating ERK1/2 and p53/TP53 signaling (By similarity). Receptor for amyloid beta peptide. Contributes to the translocation of amyloid-beta peptide (ABPP) across the cell membrane from the extracellular to the intracellular space in cortical neurons. ABPP-initiated RAGE signaling, especially stimulation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), has the capacity to drive a transport system delivering ABPP as a complex with RAGE to the intraneuronal space.
- Tissue specificityEndothelial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Advanced glycosylation end product specific receptor
- Advanced glycosylation end product-specific receptor
- DAMA 358M23.4
- LE 9211 A antigen
- MAPK MAK MRK overlapping kinase
- RAGE 1
- Receptor for advanced glycation end products
- Receptor for advanced glycosylation end products
- Renal tumor antigen
- Renal tumor antigen 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100738 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for RAGE Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100738)
ab100738 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.