For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIP: Use at 2 - 5 µg/mg of lysate.
WB: 1/2000 - 1/10,000. Predicted molecular weight: 179 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionGuanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for Rap1A, Rap2A and M-Ras GTPases. Does not interact with cAMP.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 3 has highest expression levels in the brain, heart, liver, lung and placenta and is barely detectable in skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 cyclic nucleotide-binding domain.
Contains 1 N-terminal Ras-GEF domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 Ras-associating domain.
Contains 1 Ras-GEF domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Upon binding to M-Ras, it translocates to the plasma membrane.
Information by UniProt
- DKFZp667N084 antibody
- DKFZp686I15116 antibody
- KIA001LB antibody
Anti-RAGEF2 antibody images
Western blot - RAGEF2 antibody (ab86225)
All lanes : Anti-RAGEF2 antibody (ab86225) at 0.04 µg
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 179 kDa
Observed band size : 220 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 3 minutes
Immunoprecipitation - RAGEF2 antibody (ab86225)
Detection of human RAGEF2 in Immunoprecipitates of whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded) using ab86225 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP, and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
References for Anti-RAGEF2 antibody (ab86225)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"