Rat 5HT2C Receptor peptide (ab32171)
- Product nameRat 5HT2C Receptor peptideSee all 5HT2C Receptor proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32171 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor
- 5-ht-1c receptor
- 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2C, G protein-coupled
- 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1C
- 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2C
- 5Hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor
- serotonin 1c receptor
- serotonin 2c receptor
- Serotonin 5-HT-2C receptor
- Serotonin receptor 2C
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
- DomainThe PDZ domain-binding motif is involved in the interaction with MPDZ.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
References for Rat 5HT2C Receptor peptide (ab32171)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yu HJ & Yamaguchi A Endogenous serotonin acts on 5-HT2C-like receptors in key vocal areas of the brain stem to initiate vocalizations in Xenopus laevis. J Neurophysiol 103:648-58 (2010). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 19955293) »