Rat EGF full length protein (ab50240)
- Product nameRat EGF full length proteinSee all EGF proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMNSNTGCPPS YDGYCLNGGV CMYVESVDRY VCNCVIGYIG ERCQHRDLRW WKLR
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50240 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab50240 purity is greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at 4oC for 1 week or -20oC for future use.
- Beta urogastrone
- Epidermal Growth Factor
- Pro epidermal growth factor
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for Rat EGF full length protein (ab50240)
ab50240 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.