Rat IGF1 full length protein (ab52006)
- Product nameRat IGF1 full length proteinSee all IGF1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52006 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- Additional NotesThis solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at 4°C for 1 week or –20°C for future use. The lyophilized IGF-I is best-stored desiccated below 0°C. Reconstituted IGF-I should be stored at working aliquots at -20°C.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Endotoxin level is <0.1 ng per µg of IGF-I.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.
- IGF I
- IGF IA
- IGF IB
- Insulin like growth factor 1
- Insulin like growth factor 1 (somatomedin C)
- Insulin like growth factor IA
- Insulin like growth factor IB
- Insulin-like growth factor I
- Mechano growth factor
- Somatomedin C
- FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Rat IGF1 full length protein (ab52006)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yang X et al. IGF-1 protects retinal ganglion cells from hypoxia-induced apoptosis by activating the Erk-1/2 and Akt pathways. Mol Vis 19:1901-12 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24049436) »