Rat S100 beta peptide (ab41547)
- Product nameRat S100 beta peptideSee all S100 beta proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41547 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Protein S100 B
- Protein S100-B
- S 100 calcium binding protein beta chain
- S 100 protein beta chain
- S 100 protein beta subunit
- S-100 protein beta chain
- S-100 protein subunit beta
- S100 calcium binding protein B
- S100 calcium binding protein beta (neural)
- S100 calcium binding protein beta chain
- S100 calcium-binding protein B
- S100 protein beta chain
- FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites. Binds to and initiates the activation of STK38 by releasing autoinhibitory intramolecular interactions within the kinase. Interaction with AGER after myocardial infarction may play a role in myocyte apoptosis by activating ERK1/2 and p53/TP53 signaling.
- Tissue specificityAlthough predominant among the water-soluble brain proteins, S100 is also found in a variety of other tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-101 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.