Anti-RbAp48 antibody (ab74188)
- Product nameAnti-RbAp48 antibodySee all RbAp48 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RbAp48
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 1 and 50 of human RbAp48 (CAA52321.1).
- Positive control
- HeLa, 293T and NIH3T3 whole cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab74188 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to RbAp48 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74188 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionCore histone-binding subunit that may target chromatin assembly factors, chromatin remodeling factors and histone deacetylases to their histone substrates in a manner that is regulated by nucleosomal DNA. Component of several complexes which regulate chromatin metabolism. These include the chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF-1) complex, which is required for chromatin assembly following DNA replication and DNA repair; the core histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex, which promotes histone deacetylation and consequent transcriptional repression; the nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylase complex (the NuRD complex), which promotes transcriptional repression by histone deacetylation and nucleosome remodeling; the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex, which promotes repression of homeotic genes during development; and the NURF (nucleosome remodeling factor) complex.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat RBAP46/RBAP48/MSI1 family.
Contains 6 WD repeats.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 395658 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 767940 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5928 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19646 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 313048 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 496866 Xenopus tropicalis
- Entrez Gene: 321726 Zebrafish
- Omim: 602923 Human
- SwissProt: Q9W7I5 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q3MHL3 Cow
- SwissProt: Q09028 Human
- SwissProt: Q60972 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5RF92 Orangutan
- SwissProt: Q5M7K4 Xenopus tropicalis
- SwissProt: Q6P3H7 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 16003 Human
- Unigene: 12145 Mouse
- Unigene: 76462 Zebrafish
- CAF 1 subunit C antibody
- CAF I 48 kDa subunit antibody
- CAF I p48 antibody
- CAF-1 subunit C antibody
- CAF-I 48 kDa subunit antibody
- CAF-I p48 antibody
- Chromatin assembly factor 1 subunit C antibody
- Chromatin assembly factor I p48 subunit antibody
- Chromatin assembly factor/CAF 1 p48 subunit antibody
- Histone binding protein RBBP4 antibody
- Histone-binding protein RBBP4 antibody
- MSI1 protein homolog antibody
- Nucleosome remodeling factor subunit RBAP48 antibody
- Nucleosome-remodeling factor subunit RBAP48 antibody
- NURF 55 antibody
- NURF55 antibody
- RbAp 48 antibody
- RBAP48 antibody
- RBBP 4 antibody
- RBBP-4 antibody
- RBBP4 antibody
- RBBP4_HUMAN antibody
- Retinoblastoma binding protein 4 antibody
- Retinoblastoma binding protein p48 antibody
- Retinoblastoma-binding protein 4 antibody
- Retinoblastoma-binding protein p48 antibody
Anti-RbAp48 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-RbAp48 antibody (ab74188) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Detection of RbAp48 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab74188, at 0.1µg/ml, staining RbAp48 in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab74188 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 10 seconds.