For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceThe sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Ala-Glu-Asp-Tyr-Ala-Pro.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
ab73237 was purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques. Purity is greater than 98.0% as determined by RP-HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Additional notesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.02-0.03% NaHCO3.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm water to not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Chorionic somatomammotropin A
- chorionic somatomammotropin B
- FunctionProduced only during pregnancy and is involved in stimulating lactation, fetal growth and metabolism. Does not interact with GHR but only activates PRLR through zinc-induced dimerization.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the somatotropin/prolactin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant cow Placental lactogen protein (ab73237)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"