For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MGSHMANEVI KCKAAVAWEA GKPLSIEEIE VAPPKAHEVR IKIIATAVCH TDAYTLSGAD PEGCFPVILG HEGAGIVESV GEGVTKLKAG DTVIPLYIPQ CGECKFCLNP KTNLCQKIRV TQGKGLMPDG TSRFTCKGKT ILHYMGTSTF SEYTVVADIS VAKIDPLAPL DKVCLLGCGI STGYGAAVNT AKLEPGSVCA VFGLGGVGLA VIMGCKVAGA SRIIGVDINK DKFARAKEFG ATECINPQDF SKPIQEVLIE MTDGGVDYSF ECIGNVKVMR AALEACHKGW GVSVVVGVAA SGEEIATRPF QLVTGRTWKG TAFGGWKSVE SVPKLVSEYM SKKIKVDEFV THNLSFDEIN KAFELMHSGK SIRTVVKI
- Molecular weight42 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 374
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometry
- Purity> 90
ab124573 was purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.02% DTT, 0.32% Tris HCl, 20% Glycerol, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- FunctionClass-III ADH is remarkably ineffective in oxidizing ethanol, but it readily catalyzes the oxidation of long-chain primary alcohols and the oxidation of S-(hydroxymethyl) glutathione.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the zinc-containing alcohol dehydrogenase family. Class-III subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human ADH5 protein images
References for Recombinant Human ADH5 protein (ab124573)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"