For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameRecombinant Human AFF2 protein
- Protein lengthProtein fragment
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceKNEPSFFPEQKNRIIPPHQDNTHPSAPMPPPSVVILNSTLIHSNRKSKPE WSRDSHNPSTVLASQASGQPNKMQTLTQDQSQAKLEDFFVYPAEQPQIGE VEESNPSAKED
- Molecular weight38 kDa including tags
- Amino acids109 to 219
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
Best use within three months from the date of receipt of this protein.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- AF4/FMR2 family member 2
- AF4/FMR2 family, member 2
- FunctionRNA-binding protein. Might be involved in alternative splicing regulation through an interaction with G-quartet RNA structure.
- Tissue specificityBrain (most abundant in hippocampus and amygdala), placenta and lung.
- Involvement in diseaseMental retardation, X-linked, associated with fragile site FRAXE
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the AF4 family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. When splicing is inhibited, accumulates in enlarged speckles.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human AFF2 protein images
References for Recombinant Human AFF2 protein (ab116867)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"