For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMCPEHSQLTTLGVDGKEFPEVHLGQWYFIA GAAPTKEELATFDPVDNIVFNMAAGSAPMQLHLRATIRMKDGLCVPRKWI YHLTEGSTDLRTEGRPDMKTELFSSSCPGGIMLNETGQGYQRFLLYNRSP HPPEKCVEEFKSLTSCLDSKAFLLTPRNQEACELSNN
- Molecular weight21 kDa including tags
- Amino acids23 to 188
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
ab117188 is purified by standard chromatography.
- Additional notesAlthough stable at 4°C for 1 week, ab117188 should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Please prevent freeze thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Please see notes section.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 0.02% DTT, 10% Glycerol
- Apo M
- Apolipoprotein M
- FunctionProbably involved in lipid transport. Can bind sphingosine-1-phosphate, myristic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid, retinol, all-trans-retinoic acid and 9-cis-retinoic acid.
- Tissue specificityPlasma protein. Expressed in liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family. Highly divergent.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Present in high density lipoprotein (HDL) and to a lesser extent in triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TGRLP) and low density lipoproteins.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Human Apolipoprotein M (ab117188)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"