For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMAEPERKFGV VVVGVGRAGS VRMRDLRNPH PSSAFLNLIG FVSRRELGSI DGVQQISLED ALSSQEVEVA YICSESSSHE DYIRQFLNAG KHVLVEYPMT LSLAAAQELW ELAEQKGKVL HEEHVELLME EFAFLKKEVV GKDLLKGSLL FTAGPLEEER FGFPAFSGIS RLTWLVSLFG ELSLVSATLE ERKEDQYMKM TVCLETEKKS PLSWIEEKGP GLKRNRYLSF HFKSGSLENV PNVGVNKNIF LKDQNIFVQK LLGQFSEKEL AAEKKRILHC LGLAEEIQKY CCSRK
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
ab87761 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
- Additional notesEndotoxin Level: < 1.0 EU per 1 µg of protein (determined by LAL method).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, pH 8.0
- Biliverdin IX alpha reductase
- Biliverdin reductase A
- FunctionReduces the gamma-methene bridge of the open tetrapyrrole, biliverdin IX alpha, to bilirubin with the concomitant oxidation of a NADH or NADPH cofactor.
- Tissue specificityLiver.
- PathwayPorphyrin-containing compound metabolism; protoheme degradation.
- Involvement in diseaseHyperbiliverdinemia
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Gfo/Idh/MocA family. Biliverdin reductase subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human Biliverdin Reductase protein images
References for Recombinant Human Biliverdin Reductase protein (ab87761)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"