For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MKPTEKKDRV HHEPQLSDKV HNDAQSFDYD HDAFLGAEEA KTFDQLTPEE SKERLGKIVS KIDGDKDGFV TVDELKDWIK FAQKRWIYED VERQWKGHDL NEDGLVSWEE YKNATYGYVL DDPDPDDGFN YKQMMVRDER RFKMADKDGD LIATKEEFTA FLHPEEYDYM KDIVVQETME DIDKNADGFI DLEEYIGDMY SHDGNTDEPE WVKTEREQFV EFRDKNRDGK MDKEETKDWI LPSDYDHAEA EARHLVYESD QNKDGKLTKE EIVDKYDLFV GSQATDFGEA LVRHDEF
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
ab85412 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, pH 8.0
- FunctionInvolved in regulation of vitamin K-dependent carboxylation of multiple amino-terminal glutamate residues. Seems to inhibit gamma-carboxylase GGCX. Binds 7 calcium ions with a low affinity.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at high levels in heart, placenta and skeletal muscle, at lower levels in lung, kidney and pancreas and at very low levels in brain and liver.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CREC family.
Contains 6 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Secreted. Melanosome. Sarcoplasmic reticulum lumen. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Human Calumenin protein (ab85412)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"