For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids1 to 330
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity was determined to be 788 nmol/min/mg.
- Additional notes
ab188554 (CaMKII peptide) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing Kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 25% Glycerol, 50mM Tris HCl, 150mM Sodium chloride, 0.25mM DTT, 0.1mM EGTA, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 7.5
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase type 1G
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I-gamma
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase Ig
- FunctionCalcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase belonging to a proposed calcium-triggered signaling cascade. In vitro phosphorylates transcription factor CREB1.
- Tissue specificityMainly expressed in brain with small amounts in skeletal muscles, kidney, spleen and liver. Strongly expressed in forebrain neocortex, striatum and limbic system.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe autoinhibitory domain overlaps with the calmodulin binding region and interacts in the inactive folded state with the catalytic domain as a pseudosubstrate.
modificationsMay be prenylated on Cys-473.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human CaMKI gamma protein images
References for Recombinant human CaMKI gamma protein (ab51400)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"