For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMVRSVAWAGFMVLLMIPWGSAAKLVCYFTNWAQYRQGEARFLPKDLDPSL CTHLIYAFAGMTNHQLSTTEWNDETLYQEFNGLKKMNPKLKTLLAIGGWN FSTQKFTDMVATANNRQTFVNSAIRFLRKYSFDGLDLDWEYPGSQGSPAV DKERFTTLVQDLANAFQQEAQTSGKERLLLSAAVPAGQTYVDAGYEVDKI AQNLDFVNLMAYDFHGSWEKVTGHNSPLYKRQEESGAAASLNVDAAVQQW LQKGTPASKLILGMPTYGRSFTLASSSDTRVGAPATGSGTPGPFTKEGGM LAYYEVCSWKGATKQRIQDQKVPYIFRDNQWVGFDDVESFKTKVSYLKQK GLGGAMVWALDLDDFAGFSCNQGRYPLIQTLRQELSLPYLPSGTPELEVP KPGQPSEPEHGPSPGQDTFCQGKADGLYPNPRERSSFYSCAGGRLFQQSC PTGLVFSNSCKCCTWN
- Molecular weight77 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 466
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
Best used within three months from the date of receipt.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- FunctionDegrades chitin, chitotriose and chitobiose. May participate in the defense against nematodes and other pathogens. Isoform 3 has no enzymatic activity.
- Tissue specificityDetected in spleen. Secreted by cultured macrophages.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 18 family. Chitinase class II subfamily.
Contains 1 chitin-binding type-2 domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Lysosome. A small proportion is lysosomal.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human CHIT1 protein images
References for Recombinant Human CHIT1 protein (ab116981)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"