For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceSWKTSSYVGASIVTAVGFSKGLWMECATHSTGITQCDIYSTLLGLPADIQ AA
- Molecular weight31 kDa including tags
- Amino acids29 to 80
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityUseful for Antibody Production and Protein Array
- Additional notesab112383 is best used within three months from the date of receipt.Useful for Antibody Production and Protein Array
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.31% Glutathione
Note: Glutathione is reduced
- FunctionPlays a major role in tight junction-specific obliteration of the intercellular space, through calcium-independent cell-adhesion activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claudin family.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human Claudin 2 protein images
References for Recombinant Human Claudin 2 protein (ab112383)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"