For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
Purity: >98% purity by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis. Endotoxin level is <0.1 ng per g of CNTF.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 5mM Sodium chloride, 5mM Sodium phosphate, pH 7.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in 5mM Sodium phosphate pH 7.5 to a concentration of 0.1-1 mg/ml
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor
- FunctionCNTF is a survival factor for various neuronal cell types. Seems to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
- Tissue specificityNervous system.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CNTF family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Human CNTF protein (ab51783)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"