For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MAFTEHSPLT PHRRDLCSRS IWLARKIRSD LTALTESYVK HQGLNKNINL DSADGMPVAS TDQWSELTEA ERLQENLQAY RTFHVLLARL LEDQQVHFTP TEGDFHQAIH TLLLQVAAFA YQIEELMILL EYKIPRNEAD GMPINVGDGG LFEKKLWGLK VLQELSQWTV RSIHDLRFIS SHQTGIPARG SHYIANNKKM
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
ab78711 is purified by using anion-exchange chromatography (DEAE sepharose resin) and gel-filtration chromatography (Sephacryl S-200) with 20mM Tris pH 7.5, 2mM EDTA.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20mM Tris, 1mM DTT, pH 8.0
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor
- FunctionCNTF is a survival factor for various neuronal cell types. Seems to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
- Tissue specificityNervous system.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CNTF family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human CNTF protein images
References for Recombinant Human CNTF protein (ab78711)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"