For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceAFTEHSPLTP HRRDLCSRSI WLARKIRSDL TALTQSYVKH QGLNKNINLD SADGMPVAST DQWSQLTQAQ RLQQNLQAYR TFHVLLARLL QDQQVHFTPT QGDFHQAIHT LLLQVAAFAY QIQQLMILLQ YKIPRNQADG MPINVGDGGL FQKKLWGLKV LQQLSQWTVR SIHDLRFISS HQTGIPARGS HYIANNKKM
- Molecular weight23 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Endotoxin level< 0.100 Eu/µg
- Additional notesThe ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent proliferation of human TF-a cells is < 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 5 x 105 units/mg.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C long term.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor
- FunctionCNTF is a survival factor for various neuronal cell types. Seems to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
- Tissue specificityNervous system.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CNTF family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant human CNTF protein (ab9972)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"