For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf21 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific Activity: minimum 8,000 units per mg protein
- Additional notesThis protein is relatively unstable at room temperature; Keep the enzyme on ice (0 °C to 4 °C) at all times.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 1.261% Tris HCl, 0.1% Tween, 0.00675% Diethyldithiocarbamate, 10% Glycerol
If this preservative (DDC) is undesirable, it can be removed by standard desalting procedures, but the enzyme is unstable in the absence of the preservative and so should be used within one hour.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- FunctionMediates the formation of prostaglandins from arachidonate. May have a role as a major mediator of inflammation and/or a role for prostanoid signaling in activity-dependent plasticity.
- PathwayLipid metabolism; prostaglandin biosynthesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prostaglandin G/H synthase family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
modificationsS-nitrosylation by NOS2 (iNOS) activates enzme activity. S-nitrosylation may take place on different Cys residues in addition to Cys-561.
- Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human COX2 / Cyclooxygenase 2 protein images
References for Recombinant human COX2 / Cyclooxygenase 2 protein (ab58868)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"